The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Green 3. Bf-109G6 Piloted by Gottfried Weiroster. Revell 1/32

Hello Friends,

I present to you my completed model, figure, and scratch-built items.  Hard to believe, but this took me almost five months to complete.  I hope you like it.

P1014184.JPG

P1014185.JPG

P1014186.JPG

P1014190.JPG

P1014191.JPG

P1014192.JPG

P1014193.JPG

P1014194.JPG

P1014197.JPG

P1014200.JPG

P1014206.JPG

P1014207.JPG

P1014209.JPG

P1014211.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Stunning model and presentation Gary. After all the challenges on the way you managed to build an impressive model. The camouflage is one of the best I’ve ever seen. German „Flecktarnung“ isn‘t easy to replicate and yours is simply perfect.

I also like the presentation very much. Your chair is amazing (thanks for the 2 examples for me) as is the parachute and Gottfried.

What will be your next aircraft project?

Your friend 

Kai

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Stunning model and presentation Gary. After all the challenges on the way you managed to build an impressive model. The camouflage is one of the best I’ve ever seen. German „Flecktarnung“ isn‘t easy to replicate and yours is simply perfect.

I also like the presentation very much. Your chair is amazing (thanks for the 2 examples for me) as is the parachute and Gottfried.

What will be your next aircraft project?

Your friend 

Kai

Thank you, Kai!  The motivation provided by you and other friends helped me get through to the end.  Not really sure about my next air project.  I'll have to think on it.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Well, she fought you, but you prevailed in the end, and in a masterful way. 
You can be proud of your achievement, Gary. And, by my standards, 5 months is lightning fast ;) !

Again, well done 👍 !

Hubert

Thank you, Hubert!  If I only finish 2.5 kits per year, I'll need another life for even my modest stash.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In the end, you will forget about the hardness the kit threw at you for five month and you'll see a result, to be proud of, Gaz. Beside the lovely detail work with the parachute and the recliner chair, I especially like the paint- and decal job, as it looks like tattooed on, with no unwanted reflections and exactly the right matteness.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Lovely work Gaz,

Well worth the many weeks of hard graft to get to this result. Your figure painting skills are improving as well.

Cheers,

Steve

Thank you, Steve.  I hope to do every build with at least one figure...   so improvement will always be required.

3 minutes ago, DocRob said:

In the end, you will forget about the hardness the kit threw at you for five month and you'll see a result, to be proud of, Gaz. Beside the lovely detail work with the parachute and the recliner chair, I especially like the paint- and decal job, as it looks like tattooed on, with no unwanted reflections and exactly the right matteness.

Cheers Rob

Thank you, Rob.  I appreciate your thoughts.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, harv said:

:respect:Very well done sir. You are hard pressed to find even the smallest flaw here. Everything is so well done.....harv

Thank you, Harv!

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Amaizing !

Thank you, Martin!

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

Outstanding work Gaz! That is a great looking '109 and I particularly like the pilot figure. Nicely done!

Thank you, John!

• Like 3

Dear Gaz, the whole scene looks very convincing and the chair gives some extra attraction to the whole appearance. There are some pics around showing Weyroster "relaxing" in that chair. The finish on the 109 is very even and exact executed especially the zig-zag patteron on the wings. What kit did you use for the 109.. I only had troubles with the different pitch of the prop blades as this seemed to be exaggerated, even for variable pitch, but maybe that is due to my kink in vision....or did I miss that detail on the referrence pics?

Regards Joachim

• Like 3

6 hours ago, joeg said:

Dear Gaz, the whole scene looks very convincing and the chair gives some extra attraction to the whole appearance. There are some pics around showing Weyroster "relaxing" in that chair. The finish on the 109 is very even and exact executed especially the zig-zag patteron on the wings. What kit did you use for the 109.. I only had troubles with the different pitch of the prop blades as this seemed to be exaggerated, even for variable pitch, but maybe that is due to my kink in vision....or did I miss that detail on the referrence pics?

Regards Joachim

Joachim,

Thank you.  Before this build, I never really gave the propeller pitch much thought.  I really just tried to make all three even.  The kit is the Revell 109G6.  I may try to g=fix it later.  I don;t know how well the CA would hold.  If you want to see the complete build thread, it is here;

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Gaz

Brilliant build and your battles with the Revell offering over accuracy issues, taking so many months was well worth all the hard work and time. Finish and cammo work are perfect and the final display dio blend perfectly. So glad you never gave up and won the battle - awesome work.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

Brilliant build and your battles with the Revell offering over accuracy issues, taking so many months was well worth all the hard work and time. Finish and cammo work are perfect and the final display dio blend perfectly. So glad you never gave up and won the battle - awesome work.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thank you, peter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, Bomber_County said:

This reveal passed me by, sorry Gaz…..absolutely stunning, the camouflage is very subtle as if it’s had lots of sorties, congrats on a stunning diorama…

On 12/9/2021 at 3:08 AM, Buckeye82 said:

That is outstanding!

Mike

Thank you, Gents!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, ModelFun said:

Wow. Looks amazing. Is this model from the Revell kit 04665? 

I build it recently OOB, with no modification. Compares to yours  it looks boring :)

Thank you very much for the kind words.  It is the same kit as yours with a lot of AM.  I spent much more than the kit was worth on both Brass and Resin. 

Your kit looks great, and your video was excellent.  I don't think yours looks boring.  I believe a base and figure make a huge difference that can't be beat because it touches the brain at a deep level.  Just my theory.

If you'd like to see what this Revell kit put me through, and what I did to make it different, the build thread is here:

I have the Revell G-10 kit as well.  Wishing I'd never bought it...  Hopefully I can make it look decent.

By the way, welcome to the forums!  I hope to see you around regularly.

• 1 month later...