Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest Dekenba

Just got my despatch note for the HB A-26B.

I've managed to avoid adding to the stash for many months - except for a Revell Ju88 on Ebay that was just too cheap to pass up - but this is one I am really looking forward to. I know the engines are short of a cylinder or two, that the cowling shape isn't quite right, but I always get AM engines anyway (I've got a pair of resin double wasp's somewhere already. Somewhere.), and as it's being built for nobody but me - and I'm happy with it - any dodgy bits just don't bother me.

(I can hear the sound of modellers all over the world keeling over and hitting the floor at the idea of building a kit with known flaws!)

1 hour ago, Dekenba said:

Just got my despatch note for the HB A-26B.

[...] I know the engines are short of a cylinder or two, [....]

4 per engine., and 8 in total, to be precise .... And the too-conical shape of the cowlings goes well with the undernumbrered engines. I’ d keep an alert on Shapeways for correctly-shaped cowlings, to house your AM R-2800s, if I were you ;) . I’m sure there soon will be some.

Hubert

• Like 2

After looking at Harv's setup, I finally ordered the Arttystation bench organizer. I debated between it and the Hobby Zone ones.  Having a couple Hobby Zone units already, I decided to try the Arttystation. It arrived earlier this week. 

IMG_20200424_223701.thumb.jpg.e88b021927cf6c73a0c3046a6e5bdbe3.jpg

The change led to a completely new workbench as I was able to get a new table for free.  It's about 6" longer than the existing one but with having to share the bench with my boys now, that could make a slight difference to how much more room I have to clutter up. :D

IMG_20200424_232943.thumb.jpg.5bd0075508a86698e54cd8382dda073a.jpg

Carl

IMG_20200424_140902.jpg

• Like 3

Today the first of my four panic buys arrived. WNW Albatros D.V/D.Va 'Wooden Wonders' and Aviattic Lozenge and HGW wood decals and seat belts.
This offering is a little different to what I've seen from other WNW offerings. You get a generic D.V/D.Va manual which ends with the rigging diagram. The paint and decal suggestions are on separate four page manual. You have to pay a little bit more attention to the manual, while doing your specific Albie, because of it's generic make up, you have to keep in mind, if yours is a D.V or D.Va and who build it, …
The top of the box is matte carton with an added sheet on the side, showing the marking options.
In other words, hey I'm happy to get my first Albatros and the first of my four WNW stash extensions.

Cheers Rob 

IMG_7060.thumb.JPG.925ebe4528c03ad84b35372ebdd75e81.JPG 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Several months ago, after hearing that someone else was going to pull the pin on an HPH bomber, I thought that if I don’t do it and give the Peacemaker a family member, I’d forever regret it down the road. 

The Peacemaker build is well on its way now, so eventually, she’ll have an ugly cousin to keep her company. 

DAC9D240-F13A-4381-90D1-3BEA8E832D41.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest Dekenba
6 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Several months ago, after hearing that someone else was going to pull the pin on an HPH bomber, I thought that if I don’t do it and give the Peacemaker a family member, I’d forever regret it down the road. 

The Peacemaker build is well on its way now, so eventually, she’ll have an ugly cousin to keep her company. 

DAC9D240-F13A-4381-90D1-3BEA8E832D41.jpeg

You've barricaded yourself into your modelling den for the duration of the virus?

Genius!

Albeit it a very, very expensive barricade - and you bought two?!

Such a big investment means only one thing - an injected plastic 1/48 B-36 is inevitably going to be released very soon..

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Dekenba said:

You've barricaded yourself into your modelling den for the duration of the virus?

Genius!

Albeit it a very, very expensive barricade - and you bought two?!

Such a big investment means only one thing - an injected plastic 1/48 B-36 is inevitably going to be released very soon..

I like your plan!  The closet is the resin closet, where the resin kits live.  I never thought about barricading myself in before, but it’s brilliant!

That second one isn’t a B-36....

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

After seeing Jeroen’s amazing build, I decided to have a go of the Trumpeter Wellington.  I bought it used, and it came with just about every PE and resin bit known to man...

A2CE6C59-90DE-459A-B0D2-A474805D2943.jpeg

... Now if someone will kindly do a Mk.III in '32 scale ...

Rog :)

• Like 8

Guest Dekenba
2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I like your plan!  The closet is the resin closet, where the resin kits live.  I never thought about barricading myself in before, but it’s brilliant!

That second one isn’t a B-36....

B-36 AND B-52?

You're nuts.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dekenba said:

B-36 AND B-52?

You're nuts.

I keep hoping they'll come out with the B-47, and if they do, I'll be extremely happy indeed. Once I'm done the 36, I tyhink I'd regret not getting the other, so here we go. I have the space at the office, and they'll look good there.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

I just received a badly crushed Iorn Maiden Spitfire from England

2028891001_eddie1.thumb.jpg.555c3325ba986e19c22c978b9ac13f22.jpgeddie3.thumb.jpg.f763e260fba83dd500e8e9870155fd4e.jpg2060326455_eddie2.thumb.jpg.a48e271450b715f0ad8f08bc5771ec22.jpg

The only difference between the regular MK.II and the I.M. version are the decals and Eddie Figure. If the plastic is still good, then build it. I finished mine a couple months ago

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

I just received a badly crushed Iorn Maiden Spitfire from England

2028891001_eddie1.thumb.jpg.555c3325ba986e19c22c978b9ac13f22.jpgeddie3.thumb.jpg.f763e260fba83dd500e8e9870155fd4e.jpg2060326455_eddie2.thumb.jpg.a48e271450b715f0ad8f08bc5771ec22.jpg

What else can you expect with Revell's "#&!@ flimsy, flap-opening boxes :raincloud: ?

Hubert

• Like 5