The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

B24 Liberator in 1/32 scale...

BarryWilliams

I ccertainly would like to build one or two for our museum. We have some displays covering local B-24 crashes, one of which had a huge shark mouth on the nose.

One in olive drab and the other natural metal.

Bring 'em on!

Cees

• Like 2

On 28/12/2017 at 2:11 PM, Pup7309 said:

Hi

Sounds great! Will have to check out the quality...

Might inspire Revell to re-tool their 1/48?

Their 1/48 wqas an old  Monogram kit if I remember right.  I cannot see them re-tooling it specially when Hobbyboss bring one out.  They are more likely to do a D017 before a B17 or B24...

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators
On 1/1/2018 at 3:06 PM, JeroenPeters said:

not my cup of tea, but something I'd buy in a weak moment.

Really hoping this sounds the start of Trumpeter venturing in multi engined 32nd scale planes...

Oh please give me a Curtiss C-46 and a Beech C-45

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Got an email from one of the local major online retailers in Australia ... It's up for preorder (or at least the 'J' is) with stock expected end October/November.

Price will be $290 AUD drive away with local shipping included (because it's over a $99 purchase) ... This beats the original release price on the HKM B-17G by about $20 AUD which was some years back. Even if a couple of small correction or detail sets are needed it's looking like VERY decent value for money!

Rog :)

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Agreed, would be cool if they did a D type. Probably a step to far to back date a J though.......here’s hoping

That would be a major rebuild, yes.

I really hope Trumpetboss engineers this correctly.  I’ve always thought that if they give us a solid center section: wing and center fuselage unit with plug in nose and tail, if they just do a basic D and J, then the aftermarket could fill in the rest.

Different noses, tails, even engines, depending on your fancy. If approached right, this could be one seriously useable base for some crazy kitbashing.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...