The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa 1/32 Ju 87D-3, "T6+CT"

• Members

One of the things I wanted to do for 2019 was break out of the 109/190 cycle I always seem to find myself in.  So this is a kit I've wanted to do for awhile.  I love the menacing looks of the Stuka and this kit has very little aftermarket available for it, which is good because I want to something pretty much OOB and shake-n-bake.  I'll put in some Eduard Steel seat belts and a some resin exhausts stacks and that will be about it.  I'll use Montex masks to do "T6+CT of 9./St.G 2 (one source says this was Rudel's aircraft?  Maybe someone can confirm?):

hasegawa-32-ju-87d-stuka_1_3d172197eeb6c8e48bc7d5550b9eca25.jpg

T6+CT.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Also have the old Revell boxing, but just keep that in the stash Mike show us the way........:popcorn:

I see you mention "old" Revell boxing. Did you know you can get this exact kit, but in a soft and floppy end opening Revell box? I think mine cost about £10 at an under the bench show sale?

Kit no is:- 04711

• Like 2

• Administrators

Oooh, nice choice, Mike.  Finally someone's bringing out the Big Iron!

I have the Rudel G boxing with the cannons, and a bit of AM including brass barrels. I've always wanted to build it, but other stuff kept getting in the way.

Great choice of subjects, and I'll follow this with interest!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Managed to brave the frigid temperatures in the garage and get a little work done.  Pretty much OOB with the exception of the Eduard Steel seat belts.  Yahu doesn't make an IP for this kit and I'm not a fan of most of the Eduard pre-painted PE so I did it the old fashioned way.  I used Airscale Luftwaffe IP dials (1/48 scale, the 1/32 are too large for most kits).

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

• Like 8

On 2/11/2019 at 8:36 AM, Mikester said:

I used Airscale Luftwaffe IP dials (1/48 scale, the 1/32 are too large for most kits).

Is this a thing Mike? Or just for the Stuka kit...

Haven't used the Airscale Luftwaffe dials yet, but plan to shortly.

• Like 3

• Members
5 hours ago, Wumm said:

Is this a thing Mike? Or just for the Stuka kit...

Haven't used the Airscale Luftwaffe dials yet, but plan to shortly.

Steve, it appears so.  Airscale scaled down the guages from their actual size.  Most model IPs are scaled down to fit in the cockpit.  I have their 1/32 scale decals and for the most part they're too large for any of my 1/32 IPs.

• Like 3