The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

2021 LSM Annual Christmas Raffle.

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

OK, I’ve been racking my tiny little brain on what to do here and how to avoid the pitfalls of previous years, because last year a few people had their names missed due entirely to my incompetence and oversight. 
So, what I’m gonna ask is that y’all help me.  As the list grows, please check for your name and make sure it’s listed on whichever list, or both lists if you are both donating and receiving. 
Our grand prize has been plagued by issues.  Once, a Wingnut Lanc was chosen, and Wingnut promptly folded, next year, an A-26 with Eduard engines was one of the awards and poof, the Eduard warehouse went up in flames. You seeing a pattern here?

Carl is getting a Viggen in place of the no more Lanc, and Smitty got Resin2Detail engines once they hit the market. 
So, onward and upward, let’s make this the very best one yet.  
I’m going to offer a first edition HK B-17 out of my personal stash as the Grand Prize, (that’s the one with Milk Wagon on the box), with the choice of the winner to opt for a JetMads Learjet C-21 if they so desire, also will be out of my stash, once they arrive in 2022.  No danger of JetMads getting struck by a meteorite if it’s not the stated real grand prize 🤣

And the B-17’s in my freestanding barn, so I’m safe too. 🤣😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• Administrators

2021 has been a pretty crappy year here in my neck of the woods and I’m glad to see it in the rear view mirror.. 

Our Christmas raffle went over well the last three years, but I made a few mistakes due to my chronically low double digits IQ.  I will need to concentrate harder on making sure everyone and everything is accounted for.  :)

I’ll go over the rules and once again, and attempt to keep it simple.   So here is rundown of rules so everyone is refreshed and aware.  For those who participated over there, you'll see a couple minor rule changes implemented by me just because I can. 

1.   Anyone who wants to enter to win may do so, IF, they are an Active Member of LSM as of right now. Dec 05 2021 2331 hrs CST)

2.   Active Member is defined as anyone who has contributed to LSM by posting two posts to LSM within the last calender year. I though again of making it a WIP requirement, but decided again to nix that idea.  The whole idea here is to promote a feeling of Christmas Spirit, get people posting more, and hopefully bring a better ending to 2020. So let’s make this fun!

3.   Enrolling:   Entering the raffle is easy. Just post  "I'm in" and I'll mark you down. You do not need to contribute a gift to win a gift.

4.   Gifts:   You're welcome to contribute a gift to be included in the raffle.  It’s absolutely not required or expected and you do NOT need to contribute a gift to be part of the raffle.

5.    Impropriety:    To avoid any sense of impropriety, I am going to ask that all people who feel led to contribute gifts to please verify your gifts as listed correctly. If I list it wrong, please let me know so I can correct it in time. Anything LSM related is good in my book.     Aircraft and AFVs, supplies, AM, tools, etc, are all OK.     I would suggest that if you're giving a bunch of little AM bibs and bobs, or things like magazine collections, think about including them as a package.   It makes my job easier when it comes to keeping track of who gave and won what.

6.    More Impropriety:  As the organizer and overseer of this operation, once again, I will again NOT be eligible for any gift drawings.  

7.    Giving something is cool, but there is no right or wrong. Some give kits, others a resin set of wheels or #11 blades, or decide not to.   If you feel led to, then do, cool, if not, then there is no big deal. 

8.    But remember, if you offer a gift, you're responsible for the shipping charges to the winner.

9.     Gift givers and winners are to contact each other in a timely manner and winner must provide shipping information so the giver can get the package in the mail.

10.   This is a fun Christmas Raffle, guys.  If you pledge a gift, please make every effort to get it out in a timely fashion. 

11.    I will attempt to update the prize list and the names of those who entered the raffle on a daily basis.  If there's more entrants than gifts, not everyone will receive a gift.  If there's more gifts than entrants, then some will get more than one.  

12.   Drawing:  Christmas Day in the USA, because that's where I live, and I work the day before, so the Aussies and the Kiwis gotta wait an extra day. Sorry guys!

Grand Prize this year will consist of an HK B-17G with the option of requesting a JetMads Learjet C-21 in lieu of the B-17.
Grand Prize will be drawn from all names after the regular draw has been completed.

Pretty normal stuff, eh?  I think this oughta be a fun thing and I really hope everyone has a good time with this!

Ernie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ernie, thanks again for organising the raffle. 

I'm in for both please. 

For a gift, I'd like to contribute a $100 USD gift card to the winner's choice of the following online hobby shops:

- Sprue Brothers 

- Hannants 

- BNA Modelworld. 

Carl

• Like 6

Ernie

I’m in for both giving and receiving. 
For me the unknown question is shipping, as it can be a very expensive if shipping is going to be across the pond. I’ll need a few days to decide what type of gift I would like to offer.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 4

I'm in for both giving and receiving please Ernie.

I'm going to gift some books if that's okay.

Ra'anan Weiss - F-16C/D Barak in IAF Service (IsraDecal Publications)

Andreas Zeitler & Andreas Klein - Vought A-7 Corsair II in Hellenic Air Force Service (Fox Two Books)

Shlomo Aloni - Israeli F-15 Eagle Units in Combat (Osprey Publications) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Im in with two separate prizes.....harv

1. Hasegawa 1/32 Kanonenvogel. Voyager resin/pe cockpit, Eagles  decals and a resin cowling and prop, and radiator correction set

2. Trumpeter US missle set, 1/32

20211207_111414.jpg

20211207_111457.jpg

• Like 4