The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 10/25/2019 at 10:24 PM, Jeff said:

Rog, that is VERY cool,  I REALLY hope for a WIP on the Hornets, and would love to see inside the box of the Spad....... I am so envious.....:popcorn:

Haven't forgotten your request :) ... Life is busy so no ETA on a WIP ... but I can (and will) open up the Spad and give you a tour ... it will just have to wait until I have a Saturday morning free.

I can't attest to accuracy or anything funky like that ... the Skyraider was a relatively unknown machine to me until Trumpeter and ZM started belting them out Do.335 style!! ... Do we have an in box review anywhere around the place?

Rog :)

• Like 4

I don't know if there's an inbox review somewhere but I built the Spad a few years ago.  Everything went together well and uI didn't run into any issues. I did leave some of the internal details out to simplify things.

20170506_235957-L.jpg

20170507_212037-L.jpg

20170507_004525-L.jpg

20170507_004559-L.jpg

20170507_212059-L.jpg

20170515_141516-L.jpg

20170730_140445-L.jpg

You can't really tell but the wings still fold which makes it much easier to display. 

This was my first ZM I built. 

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Had a bit of a shopping spree lately (nothing like Rog, though ;) ) ...

First, inspired by Tony's racer, decided I wanted a Mustang nevertheless, to makeit into a racer. Chose the SWS Mustang IV kits, because a) it was cheaper than the Tamiya one in my favorite European shops, b) it's a nice kit, and c) it offers the choice of 3 canopies and 2 types of props, which make the options wider when making a racer out of it. Not decided yet on which racer, but I am leaning heavily on an early version of Voodoo using Draw Decals' sheet ...

i-BK3w7cC-600x450.jpg

Then, when looking for the best (read cheapest) option for the Mustang kit, I stumbled on this one which I had been eying for some time, but but could not find ... Now I have it, the most produced aircraft from the prestigious PZL stable :wub:

i-Hc6hJM3-600x450.jpg

Then I had a few accessories to round up the order :

A Rexx exhaust set for the OV-10, and one that will fit a Wright R-1820. The Rexx galvanically-grown parts are simply outstanding, but not that easy to find, unfortunately.

i-nRfGhd8-600x450.jpg

Then a conversion part for those who want a Hunter F-6 and can find only a FGA-9/F-58 version from Revell, plus a brass undercarriage set for the Roden O-2 (for when I buy one to make a 337 out of it)

i-z36MLG6-600x450.jpg

And finally, and Artic Decals' sheet, to make my Silver Wings Hawker Hart even more unique ...

i-t9S75Kr-600x450.jpg

I may not be spending that much time at the bench lately, but the projects are still coming in thick :D

Hubert

• Like 7

Just in fro Alistair at Aerocraft 

Brass Landing gear, tires and wheel well doors for the 1/24 F6f-5 Hellcat. Here they are

20191028_153114.jpgthis is the complete set, two main landing gear, rear landing gear with axle, two doors and two tires, these are the diamond tread.

20191028_164449.jpgthese are the straight tread. Going to use theses on my FAA F6F-5 bird.

20191028_165418.jpgthese are the diamond tread.  These will be on used on my F6F-3 conversion bird. So give him a buzz and order up a set tgey are really nice. Go to my F6F-3 build for a more in depth review.

Ron G 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I don't know if there's an inbox review somewhere but I built the Spad a few years ago.  Everything went together well and uI didn't run into any issues. I did leave some of the internal details out to simplify things.

20170507_004559-L.jpg

20170515_141516-L.jpg

20170730_140445-L.jpg

You can't really tell but the wings still fold which makes it much easier to display. 

This was my first ZM I built. 

Carl

Awesome sauce!!

It really is an awkward looking aircraft ... with the chubby (guess-who-spent-the-summer-eating-Macca's??) look and this seemingly tiny cockpit right up the top there, you wonder how that pilot could have the visuals to target anything with confidence. Detail is lovely though. I just lay-by'd the SWS-03 and SWS-12 so I'll have the set soon :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HubertB said:

Had a bit of a shopping spree lately (nothing like Rog, though ;) ) ...

First, inspired by Tony's racer, decided I wanted a Mustang nevertheless, to makeit into a racer. Chose the SWS Mustang IV kits, because a) it was cheaper than the Tamiya one in my favorite European shops, b) it's a nice kit, and c) it offers the choice of 3 canopies and 2 types of props, which make the options wider when making a racer out of it. Not decided yet on which racer, but I am leaning heavily on an early version of Voodoo using Draw Decals' sheet ...

i-BK3w7cC-600x450.jpg

That kit is awesome ... fun to build ... and I dare say - looks more realistic with the restrained detail, built, than the Tamiya kit.

• Like 4

Just got this for my birthday. 

harder_and_steenbeck_infinity_CR_plus_2in1_by_spraygunner__76194.1523118103.webp

What a difference a quality airbrush makes. I sprayed some Vallejo grey/green for a test. I made some 1/2 mm lines like I was drawing with a pencil  WOW!  I  could never do that with my Paasche talon or raptor, and easy to clean. I'm really impressed and now I can't wait to start paint on my 1/24 Mossie build.

Ron G 

• Like 5

I was lucky to stumble into a half price sale. 1/48 Italeri, AD-4W Skyraider, Hawk T1A, Mustang Mk 4 (Hasegawa Re-box) Hawker Hunter F6/FGA.9, Nesher/Dagger, Henschel He 123 A-1, Douglas P-70, Me-262 B-1A (Dragon re-box).

Included in the sale were Eduard Fokker D.VIII Profipack, Tamiya Beaufighter Mk-X.

I have been trying not to purchase new kits but was unable to resist. :D

• Like 4