The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

7 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

My Father’s Day gift arrived today!

That's a true iconic racer you got there. Do you know if there is a connection between your Magnifier (never heard of that company) and the announced Meng one?

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

That's a true iconic racer you got there. Do you know if there is a connection between your Magnifier (never heard of that company) and the announced Meng one?

Cheers Rob

No, this is the exact same as the Trumpeter kit released in 2009, except it has decals for Ken Miles #1 car. The Meng is new tool, however, it will be very hard to beat the trumpeter, as this thing is loaded, the lines are perfect, and they include a buttload of AM goodies with it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just received this couple.

The Tempest will be mostly build oob, except for a seated pilot. I think about NMF, because I have the big Airfix Typhoon and this will be camoed.
The box got a little deformed on it's long way, but inside everything looked good, except for the loosened canopy parts. They were not scratched fortunately.
As I got it really cheap, I'm not complaining.
Was there a rumor of a GB?

IMG_7303.thumb.JPG.7fdff447ebdd949a5acd57cf05068646.JPG

The DR.1 I bought, because some years ago, I gave away the F.1 and were free of triplanes. As the Roden kits are really cheap in Germany, I ordered one and will use masks for the paintjob. The sprues look very good, so for me there is no need for the Mengnut Wings DR.1
Some PE for the seatbelts and other details are ordered and no, it will not be a Richthofen plane.

IMG_7304.thumb.JPG.fa93e95c1958f3898c1ccca60ada417e.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Megahobby.com sorta cheap. $135 shipped

Sadly to Canada it would a lot more. I found one in BC for $70 USD shipped but they're currently out of stock so I'm waiting for it to come back in. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Also receive these stencils.  digital and the Liang #0006 salt weather in stencil 

422D4A05-8F7A-4733-ABD7-04E78F64E6BD.jpeg

How does the Liang stencil work? Is it sticky like masking tape? Or do you just hold it against what you are going to paint? And where did you get it because I think it would work great on my D8H Caterpillar build to add that rusty look.

Ron G 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

How does the Liang stencil work? Is it sticky like masking tape? Or do you just hold it against what you are going to paint? And where did you get it because I think it would work great on my D8H Caterpillar build to add that rusty look.

Ron G 

Hello Ron and Carl

thank you very much for the comment.
Here is some more of their line. I have one through six they do make a seven which is the salt technique motel stencil also.  They are a cardboard stencil and come in three little sections. At least most of them do. Unfortunately I have no idea when I’ll use them. 

I purchased mine from eBay from two different sellers as they were half the price than ordering through Sprue Brothers. One through three I believe was $29. Number six and five were $12 each. I’ll edit this and get the price for the metal stencil and some links

!!!!!!   I need to place a warning on one of the sellers ( I do not really know how to say this !!!!!!  ). The seller  has some other interesting items for sale that the kids and wife may not want to see? you don’t want on your history on your computer /  eBay !    

C122E27A-7875-4D98-8D59-12E16A695FAC.jpeg.ec4ae6d888cf73337364cccc63548b4d.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wumm said:

Not model related, but...

Ryobi electric nail gun! Don't know how I managed without one, it's making life so much easier for panelling the hallway.

IMG_20200704_133052.thumb.jpg.4b1e905ada93654743401646d446bad7.jpg

At first glance, I thought it was a Gundam!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I'm doing just that Phil,

And I'm using a stud finder too. Works really well for me, but whenever my Wife points it towards me it stops beeping for some reason!

106380333_10158434322603252_7748819014896514248_o.thumb.jpg.d5de805aecb935f9bf45b681aa92ef95.jpg

It's now 9 shots to a panel, done in a minute; whereas it had been individual nails all hammered in and then nail-punched with the surrounding divot needing to be sanded down... So much easier.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest DannyVM
4 hours ago, Wumm said:

Not model related, but...

Ryobi electric nail gun! Don't know how I managed without one, it's making life so much easier for panelling the hallway.

IMG_20200704_133052.thumb.jpg.4b1e905ada93654743401646d446bad7.jpg

Well you need to use that with 1/32 or bigger mate.................1/72 would not survive a tackle with that kind of equipment..................:omg::rofl:

Now IF this isn't some serious inspiration, I don't know what is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  many THANKS,  ' S ' !!!!!!!!!!!!! You MADE my day......  I owe you a return gift................ thank you, it is perfect

Mack hat.jpg

• Like 6