Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

15 hours ago, GazzaS said:

This weekend was the big event for Queensland modellers and an especially big event for me.  Queensland Model Hobbies Expo.  The first competition in which I took part.  It also had a swap meet as well as some regular retailers.

Nice win Gaz and lots of nice kits. Seen some nice builds of the E boat. Some nice dioramas too if you want to really push the skillset.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2021 at 6:38 AM, GusMac said:

Nice win Gaz and lots of nice kits. Seen some nice builds of the E boat. Some nice dioramas too if you want to really push the skillset.....

Thanks mate.  I've been working a dio on that one in my head too.  To change the viewpoint and give an impression of speed, I'm thinking of using acrylic rods and water textures to make something a little unusual in ship dios.

• Like 4

On 8/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, GazzaS said:

This weekend was the big event for Queensland modellers and an especially big event for me.  Queensland Model Hobbies Expo.  The first competition in which I took part.  It also had a swap meet as well as some regular retailers.

I got some second hand kits and fresh new books:

And an award...

A good haul there, and also good to see someone other than the usual suspects pick up an award for a change.

S

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

A good haul there, and also good to see someone other than the usual suspects pick up an award for a change.

S

Thank you!  Did you go?  I was there both days.

• Like 4

Nah Mate,

All of my spare and weekend time these days is spent renovating my Daughters' house (along with most of our spare cash!) in the hope of getting it on the market before Christmas Holidays. 

The timing of the recent Covid lockdown opened up nicely and played well into their hands, it wasn't looking too promising at the end of July. But great to see that it went ahead this year after all.

S

• Like 4

On 8/17/2021 at 12:20 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Just got back from vacation and my sister had my 50th birthday gift waiting for me when we got back. 

PXL_20210817_160723014.thumb.jpg.c99568403ed4b690c2a2876e9e7bd559.jpg

PXL_20210817_160804528.thumb.jpg.097f2a96d3c3345c298546be1889c7cc.jpg

I've wanted a Tamiya Bruiser since they first came out when I was 14. 

Carl

carl

Large scale for sure and RC - WOW! bring it on

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:35 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

We're at the Canadian Bushplane museum is Sault Ste Marie. 

PXL_20210816_162221385.thumb.jpg.1403f4db467ff451c99fd043fb8df9eb.jpg

PXL_20210816_161433690.thumb.jpg.527bd0e59a2f01cb9380301353517bfe.jpg

Gratuitous but mandatory beaver shot. :D

PXL_20210816_171136586.thumb.jpg.a4e8fcbcdd7ae9a7184b9d22af37f719.jpg

Carl

Now that's the place to go for inspiration and and history. Hope your boys enjoyed the museum.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:29 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Congrats on the award. Can't wait to see what you do with the D-7 battle cruiser. 

Carl

On 8/23/2021 at 1:24 AM, GazzaS said:

I got some second hand kits and fresh new books:

P1014098.thumb.JPG.a93d25bf4ad582c554b18385dbb27c78.JPG

And an award...  

P1014105.thumb.JPG.ca4b6c0d7df14f104234876911ab55c6.JPG

On the flip side....  I got no modelling done this past weekend.

Gaz

Congratulations on your award - so very well earned and  a mighty nice haul of kits. For my brother and myself, when we use to compete and go to shows back in the day, the vendor room was a magical place and we always always managed to find loads to buy.

Enjoy your convention haul

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Sure looks like a good reference book. Do you have the ZM kit?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

I like collecting the Classics series ... It looks like being a great reference book ...

I have a Resin multimedia kit by HPH (ZM haven't made one - although it would be the sort of esoteric subject they would be likely to have a go at in the future) ... I haven't attempted the resin kit yet as the skill set feels to be a bit beyond me and I have a MASSIVE AFV project underway ...

Rog :)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Now that's the place to go for inspiration and and history. Hope your boys enjoyed the museum.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, it's a great little museum. It was definitely worth the visit. 

They had one of those immersive 3D films about firebombers and it was very well done. It really have you a sense of what it's like to fight forest fires. I can post some more pics I took in a separate thread if folks are interested.

Carl

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Peter, it's a great little museum. It was definitely worth the visit. 

They had one of those immersive 3D films about firebombers and it was very well done. It really have you a sense of what it's like to fight forest fires. I can post some more pics I took in a separate thread if folks are interested.

Carl

Carl

Looking forward to more photos. Please do

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 3

Stupidly went onto evilbay. Had a look around and this kit with extra decals popped up for a VERY nice price indeed (about 25 quid less then it should be). So i kind of hit the 'Buy It Now' icon before i knew it

Revell Me262.jpg

Eaglecals 01.jpg

• Like 7

7ECD9369-0592-46B5-811D-120B4CD737F0.thumb.jpeg.b84e96442e49f1472bddebc1d433c7a1.jpeg

I am not sure what I’ve gone and done, or more to that matter, why I’ve done it. I have built one Tank in all my years of Model Making, a 1/35 Tamiya Challenger 2. A long time ago at that. I know a little about Tanks in general, enough to be dangerous, though little to nothing about Armour Modeling techniques. This one will be a long job, probably a between Plane kits build, a bit here and a bit there. I stumbled on a build of the H version on YouTube and I decided I quite liked it and the size was impressive. I think that’s what sold it to be honest. Already gone and placed a Pre-Order for the Das Werk Stug III too. Oops.

• Like 7

On 8/27/2021 at 12:12 AM, Bomber_County said:

Are you going to do a WIP on the AFV project?……….

Still planning to ... have been stuck doing routine stuff on my 7 days leave to date ...

Aiming to start some assembly work when next in Perth on R&R ...

Rog :)

• Like 3