The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/48 Wellington Mk.X (He727 NA-K)

Wow Jeroen, that is looking great. As usual with most of your builds you seem to be covered in brass and CA :D. The bomb bay looks to be a real challenge, shame that you will have to take a dive to see all the detail once the plane is finished. The plate with the applied photo will be an eyecather.

Cheers Rob

You inspire me, Jeroen. I'm changing eras and am about to start my first WWII build in ages....with a cockpit FULL of PE. You may be getting some questions from me!

The base is going to be a very impressive and moving object. Bravo for your artistic sensibilities honoring those who were lost.

Cheers from NYC,

Michael

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Wow Jeroen, your PE work is outstanding and inspiring.  And I was complaining about the PE needed in a B-25!

Now here you are doing 10x the work, and in quarter scale no less!  

Hats off, Jeroen, hats off!

The Wimpy has a very special place in my heart. My ex Father in Law was an RCAF Lancaster tailgunner, but he trained in and flew his first several Ops in the Wellington before converting to Lancs. 

He had much fonder memories for the Wellington than the Lanc, and often told me that it was a very good thing the Lanc had four engines because with only two, they’d have done plenty of walking.

this is a subject we sorely need in 1/32

• Like 4

• Administrators

Hi Clunkmeister,

Thnx for your reply. The more i work on this model and dive into its operational history the more respect i get...

here’s some more progress:

32017382-F5D9-4534-A1C6-DCC899906F7C.jpeg

and here with some paint:

44B1A82F-3679-4594-9D1C-D2EDD49492E2.jpeg

weathering to follow. Followed by the floatation bags and a few bombs. 3 or so...

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Jeroen.

Like Peter just catching up on your build. Jaw dropping ............didn’t even realise there was a 48th of a Wellie..... good shout about the second pilot seat. Really interested in doing one, living where here in Lincolnshire lots of history. Be rest assured I will not be throwing a quarter of the AM as you have. Congrats on a fabulous build, looking forward to an update.

phil.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Here you go!

The bomb bay completed. All the air bags installed. In placed two 500lb bombs (should actually be phospohr bombs for this plane, but this looks better. The bomb tails were replaced by PE from Eduard.

IMG_9115.jpg

• Like 6

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Seeing this Wimpy, gives me an idea. Have been mulling over the idea of the Tamiya Lanc in 1/48. Yes I know it’s of an age. But, the Wimpy in 48th would be sweet ..........a Stirling in 48th would be sweeter. No I think the Wimpy will fill that void.....:blink:

I really is a great kit out of the box. What Eduard has done is beyond anything i've ever seen in photo etch. 

This is the only 48th scale kit I'll tackle and am only doing so because a 32nd scale kit is unavailable and the background of the crash near my house compelled me to build one...

• Like 4