The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

THE most unlikely Aeroplanes to be offered 1/32 or bigger?

5 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Don't nobody :censored: say "Dornier Do.17" ... ok?? :2guns:

:censored: :censored: .... :censored: ....

I'll go .... A Short Stirling!

Rog :)

I would love a do-17! I do wonder how revell's 1/32 ju-88 and he111 sold for them. That might give and idea if revell will finish out the BoB luftwaffe bomber trio.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would love a do-17! I do wonder how revell's 1/32 ju-88 and he111 sold for them. That might give and idea if revell will finish out the BoB luftwaffe bomber trio.

I am lead to believe that the Ju-88 A-1 sold in excess of 10,000 units. This was mentioned on another site, before the release of the A-4 variant.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

How about a 1/32 kit of a paper airplane?

There is actually a 1/32 paper kit of both the Tu-95 and B-58. And a 1/33 one of the B-52 ... so paper kits of airplanes, close to kits of paper airplanes ;)

Hubert

• Like 2

• Administrators
5 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I know. But just how cool would THIS be in 1/32?

FFXUJ9RIAY1N6DC.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&fram

All those 1/35 German figures in every set that are pointing somewhere could easily be modified to hold one.

You could CAD that up and 3D fold that thing in a couple weeks.  It’d be a great NATS entry. Much better than the 1:1 scale bacon and eggs breakfast I saw in Omaha

• Like 3

It took a while but I’ve got the paper plane done up in CAD and have printed a few in 1/32 and 1/24. Managed to build one up and it looks pretty good, see the pic below. Looking pretty awesome!!! Unfortunately I’ve already had the chance to build a knock-off from a seller on aliexpress. You can see the knock-off built up in the shot on the left for comparison.

37C0C26C-1D7A-42EA-A5D2-516BABD48BC9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/1/2019 at 7:06 PM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I know. But just how cool would THIS be in 1/32?

FFXUJ9RIAY1N6DC.LARGE.jpg?auto=webp&fram

All those 1/35 German figures in every set that are pointing somewhere could easily be modified to hold one.

Very small if you are using 8-1/2" x 11" paper.

• Like 3

• Members

If you'd told me we'd have a mass produced B-17 and B-24 in 1/32 ten years ago I'd assume you'd been into grandpa's old cough medicine.  What I'd love to see are some of the German floatplanes, the He 115 in particular.

• Like 5

• Administrators
8 hours ago, seiran01 said:

It took a while but I’ve got the paper plane done up in CAD and have printed a few in 1/32 and 1/24. Managed to build one up and it looks pretty good, see the pic below. Looking pretty awesome!!! Unfortunately I’ve already had the chance to build a knock-off from a seller on aliexpress. You can see the knock-off built up in the shot on the left for comparison.

37C0C26C-1D7A-42EA-A5D2-516BABD48BC9.jpeg

Drat!   That parallax problem rears it’s ugly head once again.

• Like 5

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Mikester said:

If you'd told me we'd have a mass produced B-17 and B-24 in 1/32 ten years ago I'd assume you'd been into grandpa's old cough medicine.  What I'd love to see are some of the German floatplanes, the He 115 in particular.

Agreed. Some of those 1930s German seaplanes are timeless. I’m especially fond of an earlier design, the Junkers W-34. 

9039A482-328C-47D3-9DBC-C36F852F4140.jpeg

3F6589F6-532C-4E04-8C85-1CF9BDB7273F.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1