The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

• Administrators
On 3/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Man, all I've got for home defense is a couple of Blade Runner blaster water guns. Good for dealing with those marauding gangs of squirrels but that's about it. 

Get a Louisville Slugger or a 2x2.   Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider once said “There’s nothing like a good piece of hickory.”

• Like 4

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Wumm said:

"Hey out there, all you Cool Cats and Pretty Kitties... Love is free and so is the Breeze... So let's all sit back and relax on a trip into the sunset..."

IMG_20200327_060522.thumb.jpg.f943a858ed75fc8ac8be3989ca018487.jpg

Free your minds, Don't fight the feelin',

Let's join George Benson and all go Breezin'

Don’t fall in the water in Australia. The creatures in there will kill you just by looking at you. Probably your whole family at home, too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Work!  Overtime out the ying yang which I am not doing.  Panic buying is making my work day crazy.  With my bench and PC waiting at home, I feel no urge to give up more of my time to feed the idiots panic buying.

My job essentially sucks.  But ppl gotta eat.  And it's good money for the work.  So, I'm probably in the right place at the right time.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Get a Louisville Slugger or a 2x2.   Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider once said “There’s nothing like a good piece of hickory.”

There used to be one next the toilet in my parents' house. To this day, I still don't know why they kept it there. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

There used to be one next the toilet in my parents' house. To this day, I still don't know why they kept it there. 

Isn't it obvious Carl?

To stop someone from Stealing Home!

• Like 6

I was discussing with my wife last night what we think the lockdown will be. We came to the conclusion that it will last another 2-3 months, that will be about the time it will take for a vaccine to come on the market, or the virus to naturally die out.

So, my wife and I made the decision last night, since she is unhappy with her job, and I can’t find work right now, we are both going to go back to school for some online classes. We both signed up late last night. As we most likely will be on lockdown for the next two months, we are going to take online classes. I am going for my Agile, PM, and RFP certifications in contracting. She is going for software coding. No reason for us to just sit on our asses when we can be bettering ourselves. 

• Like 6

Half my cricket club lost their jobs last week, some with no job to go back to. I'm fairly ok, but have no work coming in. I expect most of my tradie mates will be unemployed within a week or so.  I really do hope world leaders hold China responsible for their incompetence and lying over this, if not for their bungling, this wouldn't have been a global pandemic. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BradG said:

Half my cricket club lost their jobs last week, some with no job to go back to. I'm fairly ok, but have no work coming in. I expect most of my tradie mates will be unemployed within a week or so.  I really do hope world leaders hold China responsible for their incompetence and lying over this, if not for their bungling, this wouldn't have been a global pandemic. 

AND along with that, maybe send them the BILL for payment??  The one thing I take from all of this is at least it is not just a few of us that are in the mess, those guys with the decisions made, pissed off a LOT of people world wide, and maybe they should just sit back and be quiet and a bit humble for burning everyone.............. they probably won't but I think they should.................... hang in there everyone, I'm sure we will get through this, and with luck maybe the world will find a little more compassion for each other? ................................ well one can hope can't he?

• Like 6

There is no denying that the cover-up and lies of the local authorities, then the communication-control attempts by the central power of the PRC created a time-gap where other countries could have been warned and could have started action.

On the other hand, it seems from studies in different countries that the virus had reached the Western world by the beginning of January. When the lock-down of Wuhan was decided on January 23rd, the virus was already circulating out of China. And not many, if any, Western governments took the signal that locking-down 60 million people was a very drastic measure that implied a very very serious threat. In fact some Western leaders are still trying to play down the seriousness of it to this day. The virus was already in their country and yet they were pretending the situation was under control and would disappear soon.

There is a French saying that with "ifs", you can put Paris in a bottle.

If the Chinese authorities had not wasted time lying and trying to hide the issue, maybe the outcome would have been different.

But if the Western governments had acted sooner and more strongly, and some leaders not been in denial until only a few days ago, the crisis would not have reached its actual worldwide proportions. And, let's be fair, even the people did not take the issue that seriously until a few days ago. I do not act and react today as I did two or three weeks ago, and I am sure most of you are in the same league.

So, in the causal chain of actions, responsibilities seem to be distributed evenly along the time-line, IMHO. At least, in Western democracies, we can expect the people to ask for accountabilities, and, hopefully, we can ultimately use our voting ballot to sanction incompetent or complacent leaders ...

Hubert

• Like 8

I'm glad I have my hobby to keep me occupied. Otherwise I'd be climbing the walls. LOL As I live alone, the Internet, Prime streaming videos, etc are a great thing to have. It still gets a bit boring at times.

• Like 6

Well I am spending a lot of time building. Working on my Skyraider and F-4D. Watching a lot of the Hallmark channel also. 
Going got long walks everyday to get some fresh air.

Mike

• Like 7

On 3/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, Wumm said:

I have a Cousin in Rockhampton who works in the Mines out west; he is in isolation as he was on a contact trace list. My 83 year old Mum is bringing his food and supplies during his quarantine. I really hope she isn't going into the house; she tells me she's not but I'm worried all the same.

Just spoke to my Mum...

My Cousin is still in quarantine; he was on an aircraft with 50 people, 16 of which have subsequently tested positive to Covid 19 (they came off a Cruise Ship and flew out of Sydney before they could be detained.) He has no symptoms, yet despite being in close proximity to known cases in an enclosed space for over an hour, the Authorities are refusing to test him. He is expected back at work next weekend once his 14 days are up.

Again, no-one seems concerned about this.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Day 3 of lock down.  It sucks. 

We are at day 14 of lock down and it sucks badly. Today the Spanish Government will issue some even sharper rules concerning companies. Since two weeks we are not allowed to leave the house except for a doctors visit or to buy supplies and this only with gloves and masks. It sucks big time, BUT....

26 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

yes but it’s a fait accompli. We all have to do it to stop the spread......…

… I fully agree with Phil, it has to be done. The longer we wait the wider is the uncontrolled spread of the plague. It's not all about government decisions, but about common sense and responsibility.

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

ALL points well taken, our guy, sent 16tonnes of medical supplies to China in February and now we are in dire need of those SAME supplies, so Hubert, I totally get your point 110%............... saw on the news the other day, a lot of the big cities with no people on the streets, Hull, London, Berlin, New York, Toronto, Halifax, Edmonton................. it was weird to see no people on the streets, even LAX was empty.........BIG highways with few or now cars........... man if a guy ever wanted some good photos of the big cities, not filled with people, now is the time......

• Like 5

20 hours ago, HubertB said:

There is no denying that the cover-up and lies of the local authorities, then the communication-control attempts by the central power of the PRC created a time-gap where other countries could have been warned and could have started action.

On the other hand, it seems from studies in different countries that the virus had reached the Western world by the beginning of January. When the lock-down of Wuhan was decided on January 23rd, the virus was already circulating out of China. And not many, if any, Western governments took the signal that locking-down 60 million people was a very drastic measure that implied a very very serious threat. In fact some Western leaders are still trying to play down the seriousness of it to this day. The virus was already in their country and yet they were pretending the situation was under control and would disappear soon.

There is a French saying that with "ifs", you can put Paris in a bottle.

If the Chinese authorities had not wasted time lying and trying to hide the issue, maybe the outcome would have been different.

But if the Western governments had acted sooner and more strongly, and some leaders not been in denial until only a few days ago, the crisis would not have reached its actual worldwide proportions. And, let's be fair, even the people did not take the issue that seriously until a few days ago. I do not act and react today as I did two or three weeks ago, and I am sure most of you are in the same league.

So, in the causal chain of actions, responsibilities seem to be distributed evenly along the time-line, IMHO. At least, in Western democracies, we can expect the people to ask for accountabilities, and, hopefully, we can ultimately use our voting ballot to sanction incompetent or complacent leaders ...

Hubert

Hubert, there is a saying about “ifs”....

If “ifs” and “but’s” were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

I understand what you are saying, there was no way anyone could have known what was going on until it was too late. The doctors and leaders just could not grasp how contagious and invasive this virus was, and some still don’t, but “ifs” don’t get us anywhere now. I see that people are taking this seriously. My wife and I were discussing this morning about until 4 weeks ago, doctors here were not even ordering tests for people that had all the worst symptoms. But now that the shit hit the fan outside of Asia, they are finally getting serious. Hopefully we will see a decline here in a few weeks.

But now the even more serious issue for parents of school age children...when will we get out sanity back?

F7C7FD63-948F-4198-936D-D2ECDAE90900.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

But now the even more serious issue for parents of school age children...when will we get out sanity back?

Not sure on that one. I've got two boys, 9 and almost 7. They've been out of school for 2 weeks already. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal for me as a stay home dad. I'd just take them to the park or a movie or some other attraction. The problem is they're all closed.  Thankfully we have a backyard and deadend laneway they can play in. But it's getting tough though.

Carl

• Like 5

On a positive note, I've been very happy to see how "alive" our neighborhood has been.  Everyone out taking walks, working in their yards and just sitting out front with their garage doors open saying hello to those out walking.  Perhaps this will reignite the desire for people to just slow down a bit and appreciate the simple things in life like family, fellowship, and community. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2