Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What’s on your 2020 modelling shopping list ?

HubertB

Honestly,  nothing is on my list. That's not saying that something won't strike my fancy on a whim, but I have nothing planned. I just want to finish some builds, so maybe paint and glue? 

Unless ZM actually puts out that fabled P-51B this year....

• Like 5

Next release for Zoukei Mura was meant to be the Hs-129 B-3 around May for the Shizuoka show, then the third incarnation of the Ki-45. 

With their kits manufactured in China, who knows when any of this might occur now; including the P-51 B and the Fw-190 kits, which have been in gestation now for longer than the entire Production sequence of the actual aircraft.

Edit: This of course excludes the SWS 15 and 16 Skyraider kits with weapons suite included, that are already out but for some reason not showing on the ZM website.

Edited by Wumm
Add text
  • Like 6

My stash is ridiculously large. My flat is small. I have one small display case. I will buy cases this year. 

There is one kit I really want that is yet to be released, the 1/32 Saab J-29 tunan. Following that kit is the Dewoitine D 500 and 501, and the Pz-11.

Happily I own most of the subjects I like. Really what this year is for me the year of completing models now that I know I am well enough to complete kits. I plan a year of modelling success. :thumbsup2:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, harv said:

You go Dale. Love to see more work of yours....harv

Thanks Harv.

I modelled successfully today from 9.00 to 4.00 pm.

All of a sudden the earth's gravity increased from 1 to 1-1/2!

All of a sudden a part plummeted to the ground!!!

All of a sudden my hair was covered in the contents of my airbrush scum container...

All of a sudden I was in the shower....

All of a sudden I  said "Screw it. I'll look tomorrow morning." 

Any more of this type of success I will be hanging out and lamenting with Pyrrhus! :D

Sharp as a bowling ball. :blink:

• Like 5

An IM 1/32 Helldiver sure is tempting!  Not saying yes, not saying no.  Any further info, I will plead the 5th.

I do have one of the new Star Trek 1/32 Space Shuttles on pre-order.  That was placed before the SHTF. 

Been waiting patiently for years for the announced 1/32 IM Stearmans that are in the pipeline.  I might be in for anywhere from 2 to 6 of these depending on the aftermarket.   Think Red Baron Pizza.  If decals and resin upgrades came out, I’d have 4 of them in a display like I did with my Thunderbirds.  

• Like 4

On 3/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, ScottsGT said:

An IM 1/32 Helldiver sure is tempting!  Not saying yes, not saying no.  Any further info, I will plead the 5th.

I do have one of the new Star Trek 1/32 Space Shuttles on pre-order.  That was placed before the SHTF. 

Been waiting patiently for years for the announced 1/32 IM Stearmans that are in the pipeline.  I might be in for anywhere from 2 to 6 of these depending on the aftermarket.   Think Red Baron Pizza.  If decals and resin upgrades came out, I’d have 4 of them in a display like I did with my Thunderbirds.  

SO miss the Red Baron team! Nothing like going to a show and hearing a handful of Stearman's all beating the air into submission at the same time!

• Like 3

Just FYI, if you are interested, the 1/32 Dragon Rapide kit from Lukgraph will be released in Mag, and preorders are open now. Just ask Lukasz on the contact email on Lukgraph site ...

Even though this means my own project for this one is totally wasted (90% of my doing), I am really excited to see this kit released :wub:

Hubert

• Like 3

I'm almost done with my shopping 2020, I got both 32nd Mirage 2000-C and -D plus a few bits and pieces for them from BigH. But I sure would become weak if a new P-51B would show up - or a RAF Phantom.

Lothar

• Like 5

As the bad news around Wingnut Wings seem to tighten, I ordered a wooden wonder Albatros DVa, with some Aviatic goodies and HGW belts and wood decals. Building a wooden airframe was on my to do list, since I like to reproduce bare materials. The other unfulfilled (I guess forever) project would have been a Gotha G.IV. 
With the purchase of the Albatros, I postponed my almost finalized PZL P.11 buy. 
My stash though is well filled and there are not so many new kits out there, which keep ma attracted, there will be only short lived decisions, often inflicted by you folks.
Fingers crossed for the people at WNW, which opened a door to a complete new modelling universe, quality wise.

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

On 3/27/2020 at 5:29 AM, smitty44 said:

Dr.1...like 5 of them

HP 0/100

A-26

Mirage 2000… if it ever makes it's way to the U.S

HPH Helldiver in plastic

...more Tamiya F-16's

...not many new jet's coming about. I would love to grab a A-7E full meal deal perhaps. All of which have that huge asterisk next to them.

Long before it was announced I predicted a WNW 0/400, but now...sigh....that may never happen. So now I will just throw in a bunch more Tamiya F-16's. I want to be the John B of Tamiya F-16s!!

• Like 11

Guest DannyVM

WNW Dr.I was on my wishlist but due to their seizure i ordered today the Roden Dr.1 and also the WNW Sopwith Pup.

Guest Dekenba

ZM 1/32 Hs-129.

I remember buying the GMF resin kit of the same aircraft a few years back. It's the only kit I've ever immediately sold at a loss, way beyond my puny skills to fix.

The ZM kit looks superb, slightly offbeat subject.

Guest Dekenba
On 4/16/2020 at 3:18 PM, smitty44 said:

Long before it was announced I predicted a WNW 0/400, but now...sigh....that may never happen. So now I will just throw in a bunch more Tamiya F-16's. I want to be the John B of Tamiya F-16s!!

I'm sure the 0/400 will see the light of day, probably not as a WNW kit, but somebody will surely buy the moulds & pop a couple thousand out....?

I am late to the Lancaster game, and hope some will still be available around Christmas for a reasonable price; that's my big purchase for the year. In the meantime, I just got the short-nose Ki-45 for my birthday as well as Polar Lights 1/350 Klingon battlecruiser. My wants for the current year are mostly military-related non-armor such as the 16-ton Strabokran and the SdKfz 7/3 Feuerleitpanzer to go with my V-2 rocket and trailer.

• Like 4

On 4/16/2020 at 4:26 AM, DocRob said:

As the bad news around Wingnut Wings seem to tighten, I ordered a wooden wonder Albatros DVa, with some Aviatic goodies and HGW belts and wood decals. Building a wooden airframe was on my to do list, since I like to reproduce bare materials. The other unfulfilled (I guess forever) project would have been a Gotha G.IV. 
With the purchase of the Albatros, I postponed my almost finalized PZL P.11 buy. 
My stash though is well filled and there are not so many new kits out there, which keep ma attracted, there will be only short lived decisions, often inflicted by you folks.
Fingers crossed for the people at WNW, which opened a door to a complete new modelling universe, quality wise.

Cheers Rob

As I posted in the Wingnut Wing post. I need a Early Felixstowe F2.a for my new decal sheet! Also For the reason Rob said ( WNW, which opened a door to a complete new modelling universe, quality wise. !!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

As I posted in the Wingnut Wing post. I need a Early Felixstowe F2.a for my new decal sheet! Also For the reason Rob said ( WNW, which opened a door to a complete new modelling universe, quality wise. !!!!!!!!! 

A couple places up here in Canada have the Felixstowe in stock. Wheels & Wings had one and so did Great Hobbies. 

This being Canada though, the price may not be competitive with other places even with the exchange rate. 

• Like 2