The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Prayers for Harv

Clunkmeister

Stay strong Harv! 

Sounds like when I got my angiogram. They started one in my wrist (SOP) then decided on a second one in my groin after what they found wasn't what they were expecting. 

At least they have the back up plan ready and are thinking ahead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, harv said:

The stint will be put in here where I'm at at 11am. The doc is going to use BOTH SIDES of my groin.  One for the stint and the other for a heart pump just in case its needed.  Don't mind saying I'm a little nervous.....harv

We’re with you buddy, stay strong.

Hubert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Should be a piece of cake, Harv, it was for me..... just the HEAVY weight they put on your groin when they are done to prevent any bleed issues, man that thing was heavy.... when you are done, you will fell like a million bucks my friend. Keep us posted , bud....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I may be a bit strange but I was fascinated when I had my angiogram, seeing everything on the big screen was amazing, I haven't looked back since and that was 6 years ago. Just follow the doctors orders and you should be fine.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jeff said:

Should be a piece of cake, Harv, it was for me..... just the HEAVY weight they put on your groin when they are done to prevent any bleed issues, man that thing was heavy.... when you are done, you will fell like a million bucks my friend. Keep us posted , bud....

Hmm, I didn't get a weight put on it. They had an attractive intern put pressure on it for me. I was too distracted to really pay attention except when they checked if the artery had closed and it hadn't yet. I know because I saw my blood hit the ceiling light. Oops. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Carl, when I had mine put in at VGH in Vancouver back in 2006 they went in thru my right groin, and inserted the stent and when they were finished I had to have a bag about a foot around, that I'm sure was filled with lead shot to hold the area well closed so I didn't bleed out, was there for about 1/2 hr or so....... and you , you lucky dog got an 'attractive intern' ? HUH.....B)

• Haha 3

Harvey,

Sorry I’m a little late to wishing you all the best but I’m certainly glad your surgery was a success and you’re doing well! Boy, the things you’ll do for a little attention, eh? I bet, if you weren’t so ticklish, Bev could o’ fixed you up with a pair of pliers and an ice pick.

In all seriousness though I’m so very glad you’re doing well post surgery and I wish you a painless and speedy full recovery.

Take care and give my regards to Bev!

Cheers,

Wolf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1