Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

12 minutes ago, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

Came on the slow boat from Japan almost 4 months. It landed in New Jersey and I live in California:huh:   All the cars are 1/32nd

06744827-8F8A-4065-A68C-50DD2E85D7DA.jpeg

Nice! I've got the Glaug too and the 1/48 YF-19. I did mine as a VF -19A in the Roy Focker scheme. 

IMG_20200713_161152-600x396.jpg

As for the 1/32 cars, hopefully they changed the tires. I have a couple and they came with incredibly skinny tires. More like for a Model T than a more modern rubber. Otherwise they're fairly nice. 

• Like 8

Say Merry Christmas to me, my brothers!  Today, Santa delivered a Fisher F9F.   It's the most resin I've ever seen in one place, and everything looks pretty awesome!

P1013693.thumb.JPG.dfac2a5708053424a31a5b1821ef56fb.JPG

Thank you Santa!  (Ernie)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

Say Merry Christmas to me, my brothers!  Today, Santa delivered a Fisher F9F.   It's the most resin I've ever seen in one place, and everything looks pretty awesome!

P1013693.thumb.JPG.dfac2a5708053424a31a5b1821ef56fb.JPG

Thank you Santa!  (Ernie)

Merry Christmas is right! That looks like a terrific kit of a beautiful aircraft!

I've never built a resin kit, but I hear the products from Fisher are supposed to be good.

I hope a build thread is to follow!

Regards;

Paul

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Merry Christmas is right! That looks like a terrific kit of a beautiful aircraft!

I've never built a resin kit, but I hear the products from Fisher are supposed to be good.

I hope a build thread is to follow!

Regards;

Paul

Eventually there will be.  I have a few other victims in the queue to ruin first.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

This beast came by UPS about an hour ago. It's another Trumpeter biggie in

1/16 scale. This time a T-72b. While it's big, A quick look shows that it doesn't

have the level of detail that Trumpeter's big SU-100 does. Their SU-100 has 1100 parts

while the T-72 has 700. This looks like a far simpler build and it probably has RC origins.

Anyway, the parts look well-molded and the size of this kit is impressive; it will measure

out to be 24-7/8 inches in length. I think it'll be a fun build and will look impressive on

a  large shelf.

DSCN0117_kindlephoto-280844161.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

This beast came by UPS about an hour ago. It's another Trumpeter biggie in

1/16 scale. This time a T-72b. While it's big, A quick look shows that it doesn't

have the level of detail that Trumpeter's big SU-100 does. Their SU-100 has 1100 parts

while the T-72 has 700. This looks like a far simpler build and it probably has RC origins.

Anyway, the parts look well-molded and the size of this kit is impressive; it will measure

out to be 24-7/8 inches in length. I think it'll be a fun build an will look impressive on

a  large shelf.

DSCN0117_kindlephoto-280844161.jpg

Ooh nice. Always had a soft spot for early 80s Cold War stuff - remember wargaming with these as a kid. Slightly smaller scale though!

• Like 7

Today, I freed our postwoman from a heavy burden, which was partly inflicted, by at least some of you. I will not particular raise my finger in the direction of a guy, whose name begins with m and ends with ark :D, who has shown some incredible 1/12 car stuff here lately.
But that's only part of the story. When I was twelve, the Tamiya Jägermeister Porsche came out and led to my nose being permanently flattened against the glass front of the LHS, but there was no way, I could afford the kit by the time. As I'm not especially a car guy, the interest faded after some years a bit, but never completely, but I missed all the later releases of the kit too.
Now I found the Tamiya 1/12 Porsches re-released with added PE for a decent price, which couldn't have been much more, than it was in Deutsch Marks by the time, so what to do?
Exactly, buy one, but I have an enormous dislike of Jägermeister, so I chose the Martini 935, which suits me, being a cocktail aficionado much better, especially the extra dry variant.

And then it was here, it's a very huge box and opening it, feels a bit like Christmas, it is packed full of quality stuff. On first fast inspection, I wouldn't have thought, that the kit is only merely a decade younger than me. 

If you are not totally bored about me blabbing, I share my theme based personal anthem with you. Remember, the Reverend is always right :wine:

Reverend Horton Heat - It's Martini Time

Cheers Rob

IMG_8815.thumb.JPG.389bc402ec5ad28d1b127b39e39a9749.JPG

IMG_8816.thumb.JPG.01f332a1b7abfa5d3c695c886df52bf1.JPG

• Like 9

My nose-flattening-on-the-shop-window kit was the Revell 1/96 Constitution...

It’s also the first kit I bought when I discovered eBay. Good old times when you could get a kit the size of the Constitution shipped for less than the price of the 747 or 20000-boxes container ship that carries it ;)

Hubert

• Like 8

Hey all 

This showed up on my porch this afternoon. Got it off of ebay.  I'm going to be doing an in progress build on this...along with all of the umpteen other builds I have going.

Not going to be to fancy, just detailed to the max, basically a really sweet working truck.

20210601_171536.jpg

Ron G 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, HubertB said:

My nose-flattening-on-the-shop-window kit was the Revell 1/96 Constitution...

Yes, that one too. I only built a smaller version of the Constitution at the time and can't remember which company made it. I didn't paint the black plastic, but the white stripes were brush painted and the lower hull received some Humbrol copper enamel by brush as well. Happy times.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DocRob said:

Today, I freed our postwoman from a heavy burden, which was partly inflicted, by at least some of you. I will not particular raise my finger in the direction of a guy, whose name begins with m and ends with ark :D, who has shown some incredible 1/12 car stuff here lately.
But that's only part of the story. When I was twelve, the Tamiya Jägermeister Porsche came out and led to my nose being permanently flattened against the glass front of the LHS, but there was no way, I could afford the kit by the time. As I'm not especially a car guy, the interest faded after some years a bit, but never completely, but I missed all the later releases of the kit too.
Now I found the Tamiya 1/12 Porsches re-released with added PE for a decent price, which couldn't have been much more, than it was in Deutsch Marks by the time, so what to do?
Exactly, buy one, but I have an enormous dislike of Jägermeister, so I chose the Martini 935, which suits me, being a cocktail aficionado much better, especially the extra dry variant.

And then it was here, it's a very huge box and opening it, feels a bit like Christmas, it is packed full of quality stuff. On first fast inspection, I wouldn't have thought, that the kit is only merely a decade younger than me. 

If you are not totally bored about me blabbing, I share my theme based personal anthem with you. Remember, the Reverend is always right :wine:

Reverend Horton Heat - It's Martini Time

Cheers Rob

IMG_8815.thumb.JPG.389bc402ec5ad28d1b127b39e39a9749.JPG

IMG_8816.thumb.JPG.01f332a1b7abfa5d3c695c886df52bf1.JPG

Very nice kit there Rob.

Not quite nose flattening but I remember seeing this kit in my cousin's bedroom and being so jealous of him. I finally ended up getting one in my 20's along with the Jaeger Meister 934. Sadly I made a right mess of the 934. 

I picked up one of the reissues of the 935 last year so now have two to build. I'll be commiting some heresy as one will be done as a road car. 

By the way Scale Motorsports made a detail set for the 935 but hold onto your wallet as it's $800 USD.

https://scalemotorsport.com/products/porsche-935-big-scale-super-detail-kit

Spot Models makes one too that's much more realistic at €250. 

Carl

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

By the way Scale Motorsports made a detail set for the 935 but hold onto your wallet as it's $800 USD.

I was aware of this set, but will not spend that kind of dough :icon_eek:. I will decide later, if the Porsche will be build oob or will receive some extra goodies. I thought about a road car conversion too, but I think the 934 would have been a better base for that and then there is this intriguing Martini scheme.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

I was aware of this set, but will not spend that kind of dough :icon_eek:. I will decide later, if the Porsche will be build oob or will receive some extra goodies. I thought about a road car conversion too, but I think the 934 would have been a better base for that and then there is this intriguing Martini scheme.

Cheers Rob

Tamiya's original release of the 934 included road car parts. I kept those and was planning to get another one eventually. What caused me to change plans were the Martini decals I had. They were old and I wasn't sure if they'd hold up. There are some AM Martini decals available but they were around $100 and I was getting ready to buy them. But they were done by small companies who I had never heard of so quality may not have been any better. Then I saw the new 935 release was coming with Cartograf decals and it was $180 for the kit.  So I got a 2 for 1 that way. 

• Like 5

Girl figs are cool.

I have a number of them , too bad I cant paint worth a faack.

Saw this one on Scale Model Graveyard sales site on fbook. Which is turning out to be a decent buy/sell page.

Pirate Babe:

image.thumb.jpeg.580d741817c7c31e353044775cc6838b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3ccff39e2a081887cb33d86261875889.jpeg

Her sword is broken , but that can easily be made of stainless steel stock , prolly look better too.

• Like 8