The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Thank You LSM

TJTX

I want to thank all you guys here on LSM.  Many actually most I've never met in person.   With all we are going through right now, I've had more support from the friends I've met here than most in real life.  I know this is just a hobby "playing" with plastic toys,  but its become so much more during this time.  To my friends here who've reached out so many times to see how I am doing, I can't thank you enough for that support.   You truly dont know what it means to me.  Long live LSM and the Squirrel brigade!!!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

kly giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4743c9807c40a2ff6a23

:D:unworthy:

Where do you find these Martin??

And back to the topic...   TJ those are wonderful sentiments and this is the first place I come for a bit of sanity and light relief at the moment. I hope the airline industry recovers fast enough for you. My brother worked for FlyBe over here and they went down right at the start. He's lucky in that he picked up a supermarket job very quickly and is at least bringing some cash in.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TJTX said:

I want to thank all you guys here on LSM.  Many actually most I've never met in person.   With all we are going through right now, I've had more support from the friends I've met here than most in real life.  I know this is just a hobby "playing" with plastic toys,  but its become so much more during this time.  To my friends here who've reached out so many times to see how I am doing, I can't thank you enough for that support.   You truly dont know what it means to me.  Long live LSM and the Squirrel brigade!!!!

I have felt that from the beging here. When Ernie and I moved here, and a number of others, it was in the Hope's of finding a new land of sorts, that had all the best of tos, but more. Where we could be our own ridicules selves, share ideas and knowledge without the crap. And I truly believe we have found it. In large part to the founders of this site that let is ride along evenly and peacefully. It is the great members here that show kinship and helpfulness to the tenth degree. It is home for me once again and I hope it stays this way. I cherish the friendships here....harv

• Like 11

I too appreciate this place. For more than 6 long years I have had to deal with severe nerve damage due to all that chemo. Mynhands and feet are numb, but in great pain. It doesn't make sense. I have brain damage. It can be seen in scans...

Basically my health is not good. I am now at extreme high risk to this virus...

No matter how I am affected, you guys cut me slack. I  really appreciate it.

Thanks guys. 

(I check this site when I wake up to see if everone is okay, before I check the news on the virus. I care about all of you.)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Is he drinking a Guinness? If so he better not have gotten it out of my fridge!:beer:B)

Ron G 

Anyone who fetches Guinness from a refrigerator is on my naughty list.

Guinness is consumed at room temperature, oh yee of little training.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I'm fixin' to tear up now...

Just exactly what are you tearing up? And how can you be fixing it before it's even torn? Lost in Translation...

29546.thumb.jpg.b8b1e7e47e54ef4e185109daf4ba1743.jpg

Make mine a Whiskey.

Hold the Gopher...

• Like 7

Scotch is not my choice, I prefer a quality Tequila...although I have a few nice bottles of Vodka hanging around, as any Polish man should, I do like the occasional Rum too.

in reality, I probably only consume a few ounces of spirits a month. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Anyone who fetches Guinness from a refrigerator is on my naughty list.

Guinness is consumed at room temperature, oh yee of little training.

Sorry to disagree, Ernie, but Guinness is drank :

a) draught from the tap(or at least in their new cans with the ball inside, like paint cans) with nitrogen gas to pressurise the keg. Certainly not at room temperatures, and even less from a glass bottle where it tastes like tar ...

b) cold

c) in a pint

d) with repeats of a) to c)

I used to market beers in my youth years (before petfood, and product tests were more interesting in this first part than in the latter one ;) ), and we were distributing Guinness in France. My personal record for emptying a pint was 9.3 seconds, waaaayyy behind my best colleague at the Guinness brewery at 2.5 seconds :rolleyes:

Hubert

PS: I hope things turn around better for you sooner rather than later, Tony. My business is not looking good ATM, but I suspect still leagues better than the airline industry.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Agree with everything that has been said. I came over around from TOS about the time Harv and Ernie did. Never felt comfortable there but here is like a breath of fresh air. Before I’d never publish WIP or finished builds and my modelling was just  jogging along. At LSM I now push the boundaries knowing that you guys will be positive and supportive and if any criticism or observations are required they are conveyed in a kind and rationale way. I think my modelling skills have got better since arriving and these sublime shores..............thanks guys you are the best..... and I mean it.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can't agree more, with all the sentiments..................... and , like Tony, Thanks for letting me tag along as well................ I come here every morning first thing with a fresh cup of coffee and get my daily 'fix'....................you guys are fun to hang out with ................wonder what it wold be like to have this regular crowd together on a sunny warm Saturday afternoon with the grille going, some good quality beers, and some top notch spirits....................  with everyone swapping a few good lies??:rolleyes:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Good grief, alcohol abuse!  That Scotch is about to spill!

But have no fear, anyone who knows me understands that my taste in alcoholic beverages runs much, much more refined than that swill.

:wacko:

SACRILEGE!! :angry:

Although not the best whisky out there, that's still a very nice drop there. It's not known as 'water of life' for nothing.

Say that in Scotland and you'll deported asap. :D

• Like 7