The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

I stopped by my LHS as they're open for curbside service today and used the gift card my wife gave me for Christmas. I keep running of storage space for paints and had been looking for more of the paint racks made by Ammo. I found some online but the shipping costs effectively doubled their price. I called the LHS to see if they could get them. They said they had a couple of each in stock! They're weren't listed yet on the website and I was the only person who had asked about them. 

PXL_20210204_024854885.thumb.jpg.ac4b8abca12994231656e58f31023c5c.jpg

I bought a pair of the Tamiya/Mr Color/AK Real Color size and after some thought, one of the Ammo/Vallejo ones. I decided I had had enough of my boys' idea of putting the paint away when they're done:

PXL_20210204_024928901.thumb.jpg.536b855f3433ddf5e56f52b2dad9ea29.jpg

These are some of the best paint racks in terms of space efficiency, capacity and  value (shipping notwithstanding) in my opinion. 

Still can't believe I have six already and they're effectively full.

Carl

• Like 7

12 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

I just got this kit.  It's their 1/35 scale Char 2 c model of a huge inter-war French tank. looks

like it will be a nice build.  A quick perusal of the kits part shows excellent molding and details.

I more than once thought about buying this behemoth. Good grab will there be a WIP?

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I stopped by my LHS as they're open for curbside service today and used the gift card my wife gave me for Christmas. I keep running of storage space for paints and had been looking for more of the paint racks made by Ammo. I found some online but the shipping costs effectively doubled their price. I called the LHS to see if they could get them. They said they had a couple of each in stock! They're weren't listed yet on the website and I was the only person who had asked about them. 

I bought the same ones some years ago for Vallejo and similar colours and they are really good to keep everything in order, but I still have to buy one for Tamiya colours.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 6

Some days ago a course was broken and I'm really happy about it. I never managed to buy a WNW Gotha, when they were available and when they were gone, I could have bitten my ... about not having bought one. For years now there is the Gotha course lingering, even enhanced, by great builds here, like the one by krow. I was not willing to pay the actual prices, which I couldn't have reasoned for myself.

Last autumn, I spotted a 1/48 kit of the Gotha G.V with lots of goodies on the Aviattic homepage, but it was already sold out. A month later I looked again and there were three available. I bought one and thought, end of story, course broken.

...but, while browsing through the richly filled box, I realized, that one wing sprue was twice in the box and the upper wing sprue was missing, damn...

I contacted Richard from Aviattic with not much hope, because meanwhile the other two kits were sold, but Richard told me, he has one set of primed sprues left, which he used, testing his night lozenge decals on and he was willing to send me the missing parts and a Fokker DR.1 cowl as a goody, what a great service. I have to thank Richard a lot, for having my Gotha burden loosened. 

This fairly plain, even smallish box includes a LOT of nice stuff

IMG_8116.thumb.JPG.d8745c1272878ac36ef59669cee504a3.JPG

There are four sheets of night lozenge camo decals, cookie cut for four different Gothas and a lot of reference pics, descriptions and drawings

IMG_8117.thumb.JPG.02ebf4a36760ce491a0884abeb1a7867.JPG

The plastic is from the old and sold out Hippo/AZ kit and is expanded by Gaspatch Parabellums and Lukgraph bombs, which were specially downsized from their 1/32 offerings for this kit. This is great, because there are no bombs provided in the original kit.

IMG_8118.thumb.JPG.ac5079558821d99174fbe58cd8d8ee7a.JPG

Now it's up to me, to make something great out of this nice kit.

Cheers Rob

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good score!

...so is there a G V kit out there with 2 lower wing sprues!?

Bit of a F up!

Sounds like a good outcome and a good company to deal with.

I have a Hippo example, it looks like a lot of fun , then ya get to cover everything in decals!

I like the markings on the camo decals too!

Reference material is abundant for G V's , tons of camo to choose from as well as documented subjects.

Not too many attempts at these kits ans other Gotha's , I regularly search forums for builds  , but very , very few. WNW's gallery is a good site for G IV's , see what other guys have done.

I am very interested in the prop finishing guide there in your pics any chance of posting an enlargemment?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, krow113 said:

Good score!

Thanks krow, I hope that the other kits are ok, but logic is against it. I keep the double sprue of course, if there is somebody needing it to build his Gotha. I saw a few built, but neither in night camo.
After my recent experiences with Aviattic's lozenge decals, the task of covering the whole plane in night camo decal, isn't frightening me too much anymore.
If you want the prop pic, please send me your email address, since it's only possible to send a linked attachment in a PM.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

On 11/21/2020 at 5:26 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Here we go!

PXL_20201120_212152361.thumb.jpg.cadec3250c527af46badb6a88651fd37.jpg

Ok ... Gotta ask ... Is this your first Border Model kit ... and how does the detail/fit/finish compared with Dragon, Takom, Meng etc ... I have to be honest ... I've considered pulling the trigger on some of these newer kits with the separate track links ... I've gone off Dragon since they ditched Magic Track in favour of those rubber band things.

Rog :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Ok ... Gotta ask ... Is this your first Border Model kit ... and how does the detail/fit/finish compared with Dragon, Takom, Meng etc ... I have to be honest ... I've considered pulling the trigger on some of these newer kits with the separate track links ... I've gone off Dragon since they ditched Magic Track in favour of those rubber band things.

Rog :)

Rog, it's my first Border kit. I haven't started on it and well, forgot I had it. So thanks to your reminder I took a closer look at it. The detail is quite good. Everything seems to be nice and sharp. It's link and length track. 

PXL_20210209_144422379.thumb.jpg.e9405bcc3956eb8fc0bcc7a94a223f48.jpg

The upper run has the sag moulded into it. 

The lower hull is one piece and a pretty impressive piece of moulding. 

PXL_20210209_144444932.thumb.jpg.ec020c44d88ca9e8499dcaf5cd541560.jpg

PXL_20210209_144436974.thumb.jpg.65ad2e14873dd42799fd3acf688219e5.jpg

For the money, I'd say it's well worth it. Oh and the instructions seem to actually make sense and point out the detail differences. 

I'm looking forward to their Crusader tank. 

Carl

• Like 3