The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Peterpools is coming home!

Peterpools

A few years ago I woke up one day and realized I was totally burnt out, I just couldn't sit at the bench - the juices were gone! What started out a as short break, eventually became a few years. This past fall I began to feel physically weak, no energy and couldn't walk more then a few yards - as I was totally exhausted. Long story short I was diagnosed with cancer: non - Hodgkin's Lymphoma in early October. After starting chemo therapy, numerous hospital stays, my oncologist/hematologist has the cancer under control. What they say is true, chemo therapy is rough with all the chemicals leading to issues and side effects that need to be dealt with. I'm half way through my chemo sessions - approximately a 16 plus week program, not counting the missed sessions due to hospital stays and transfusions. Atrophy had set in and I needed a walker to help me keep my balance but I'm finally walking again. I'm hoping modeling will be my therapy for my hands hand muscles and closing in on what they once were. 

I've started working on the Academy F-16I Sufa and in a week or so, hopefully will be able to post a short update on my progress. I have been lurking all the time I was absent from the forum and will be catching up on all the builds. I know all my friends on the forum will help me keep a positive attitude, as I push forward to beat my cancer.

Looking forward to bench time and spending time with all the guys.

Peter :grouphug:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I echo everything everyone has said so far, Peter, and, I like a lot of the other guys have really missed you...... I am glad to hear you see that you are on the long road to recovery, and am confident you will be most successful with the treatments...... take you time and know, we are here for any thing you need or want, your friends are glad to 'see' you again.... I'm looking forward to your posts again,.....

• Like 4

It's good to see, that LSM is a place, where members care for each other, beside the obvious modelling stuff. Great to have you back here, after that hard time you encountered. From personal experience I know, that modelling can be helpful for recovery. It sometimes help to lift the burden of heavy thoughts, with the need to focus on a kit and getting distracted with thoughts about the right shape of a Spitfire cowling.
I wish you a fast and full recovery.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

• Administrators

Very, VERY happy you’re home again, Peter!  We were all concerned, to the point of checking pool companies to see if anyone heard from you. 

But all’s week that ends well, right? 

An F-16 is a great place to start, they’re a nice building kit 

and we’re certainly passing along all good thoughts, positive waves, and prayers. You’ll beat it, my friend 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1