The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Been away for a bit...

• Administrators

Guys, I do apologize, I’m usually Johnny on the Spot when it comes to spammers and such, but we had some family issues ‘‘tis last while and I’ve been otherwise occupied.

On Wednesday, after a brief and unexpected illness, Joy’s Dad passed away.  It was totally unexpected and took us all by surprise, but he’s happy now with Joy’s Mom in Heaven and with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Joy was called to the hospital because he was in a bad way, and as soon as she walked in, rubbed his head and said she was there, he smiled, gave her a happy look, and Passed, right there and right then.  All I can say is that it absolutely cemented our Faith, not that it needed any more cementing.

Funeral is Monday, and I expect I’ll be back to building shortly after. 

It was not Covid, just simple old age, y’all. 

See y’all in a few days.

Ernie

• Like 6

Hey Ern ...

Sorry for your loss mate! ... As for being away - This is the first weekend in many that I've really had a chance to look at the forums properly ... never mind post!!

Life is nuts! ... Take you're time matey.

Rog :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am so sorry for your loss....  ( Cathy's dad did the same thing exactly just 3 weeks ago ),.................. he isn't hurting now, and with Joy's mom, happy once again, Cathy's and my sincere condolences my friend, hugs to Joy.... we all understand, Ern....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The last thing he did was to arrange me a Tamiya F-51 Kit, so I’ll need to do something crazy and actually build a Tamiya kit. I’m concerned that I may not have the skill and fortitude to actually build a model without cutting it all up...

• Like 6

Sorry for y’alls loss.  But is was so great that he got to say good by to her.  My mom is alone in a nursing home, just diagnosed with MRCA and is loading up on antibiotics.  I’ve got a bad feeling that when she does pass she will be all alone, although I am 3 or 4 miles away.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Sorry for y’alls loss.  But is was so great that he got to say good by to her.  My mom is alone in a nursing home, just diagnosed with MRCA and is loading up on antibiotics.  I’ve got a bad feeling that when she does pass she will be all alone, although I am 3 or 4 miles away.  

Tel, her you love her, Scott and give her a hug as soon as you can..... I know you will,......

• Like 1